Do you aspire to take up a career in hotel management? Are you confused about whether hotel management would be the right career option in 2021? There is nothing to worry about since we are here to help you out. In recent times, there is a wide array of career opportunities that can give a bright and lucrative future. One of such courses is hotel management. With the rapid growth of the hotel industry, the demand for hotel management professionals is on the rise. This blog will help the hotel management aspirants getting a clear idea about the scope of hotel management in india, the benefits of pursuing a hotel management course, salary, and many more. Seems interesting, then let’s move in.
What is Hotel Management?
Hotel management is an area of study that includes an array of topics related to the operational aspects of the hotel industry. The educational courses in hotel management are varied and cover a wide range of topics ranging from eco-tourism, marketing, leisure, and business administration to management.
Eligibility for Hotel Management Course
The minimum eligibility criteria for the hotel management course is 10+2 which holds for the diploma courses and bachelor’s degree courses. But for a master’s degree in hotel management, a bachelor’s degree is mandatory.
Who Can Pursue This Course?
To state it simply, there are no such specifications about the individuals who can pursue hotel management. Almost anyone can pursue hotel management provided clear eligibility conditions. But the ones with the following intentions, qualities, and skills might have an upper hand.
- Candidates having special interests in hotel management
- Candidates having good communication and observation skills
- Candidates prepared to work for long hours
- Candidates intending travel and always meeting new people
Why Pursue Hotel Management Course?
There are a number of reasons as to why a career in hotel management would be an excellent choice.
- Very attractive salary package – Once can expect a six-figure annual salary right from the starting of the career with consistent growth of remuneration package over the years with experience.
- Exciting, creative, and unique opportunities – Hotel management provides a huge scope for exploring an array of highly exciting, creative, as well as unique opportunities.
- Traveling and living abroad – With a degree in hotel management, the scope for traveling readily increases both nationally and internationally. One can also get a chance to settle abroad.
- Outreach is global – Similar to business management, hotel management also diminishes territorial barriers and comes with a global outreach which is immensely beneficial for the ones pursuing hotel management.
- Dynamic career – Candidates pursuing hotel management can expect a dynamic career with opportunities ranging from a front desk manager to the manager of a five-star hotel. It is a career that is filled with dynamism at almost every moment.
- Flexible working hours – If the nine to five work schedule bores you, then hotel management is the right career choice for you where there are no fixed working hours.
- Starting a business of their own – With a degree in hotel management, one can also start a business in the hotel industry.
Skill Required for Hotel Management Course
To make it easier for the candidates to understand, here we have listed a few essential skills that are required for pursuing a hotel management course.
- Very good communication skills especially in English, Hindi, and a regional language
- Superior observation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Superb multitasking skills
- Good listening and comprehending skills
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility to work long and odd hours
- Possessing a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Extremely polite demeanour
- Self-confidence and self-discipline
- Customer-oriented approach
- Ability to adapt and adjust in different circumstances
- Good sense of responsibility
- High in creativity
- High sense of commitment and dedication to any task
- Good cooking skills if the intention is to be a chef or directly associated with the kitchen
Career Opportunities in the Hotel Industry
The career opportunities in the hotel industry are vast and quite dynamic in nature. Let us have a look at some of the most common career opportunities to be explored.
- Hotel manager
- Front office manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Housekeeping manager
- Foodservice and restaurant manager
- Banquet manager
- Floor supervisor and manager
- Event manager
- Luxury resort manager
- Guesthouse manager
- Cruise manager
In addition to the opportunities mentioned above, there are a number of other opportunities that can be explored with a degree or diploma in hotel management.
Hotel Management Salary in India
The salary package offered for hotel management in India is quite good. It depends on two major things
- The repute of the institute from hotel management is pursued
- Experience of the candidate
In addition to these two, the skills and creativity of candidates are also quite vital in contributing to the salary package offered.
The starting salary of a fresher candidate with a hotel management degree is undoubtedly a ‘six figured one’. It is somewhere between 1 to 3 lakhs per annum. For experienced candidates in their mid-career, it can be something around 5 to 8 lakhs per annum. For experienced campaigners with about 15 to 20 years of experience in the field can even expect a package of over 12 lakhs per annum.
How Bright Institute Can Help?
Bright Institute is one of the premier hotel management institutes helping students to transform their dreams into reality. Bright Institute is one of the best colleges for hotel management in the Indian state of Kerala with three different locations, Pala, Changanassery, and Thodupuzha. Here are a few of the major reasons why Bright Institute should be your ultimate choice when it comes to hotel management and related courses.
- Vastly experienced faculty members
- Hundred percent placements
- Both national as well as international placements
- Highly versatile course components with a focus on industry
- Providing the highest quality education
- Weekly practice sessions for students
- Additional classes for personality development for grooming students to be successful in their hotel management career
Our Placement Partners
We have an excellent track record of hundred percent placements throughout the nation and even abroad in Dubai, Kuwait, etc. Here is a small list of our esteemed placement partners.
- Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts
- Holiday Inn
- ITC Hotels
- Radisson Blue
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Oberoi Hotels and Resorts
- The Leela – Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts
- Meridien Hotels and Resorts
- Park Hotel Group
- Sarovar Hotels and Resorts
- Raviz Hotels and Resorts
Thus, a career in hotel management seems to be an interesting as well as exciting one? Isn’t it? If yes, then what are you waiting for? Just get in touch with the administration of Bright Institute and seek admission to the course of your choice to have a flourishing career in the hotel & tourism industry.